Safety Professional Related Job Opportunities:
CHARCUTERIE ARTISANS JOB DESCRIPTION
Health & Safety (H&S) Specialist
Title: Health and Safety Specialist
Job Summary: Under the guidance of a Certified Safety Professional, the Health and Safety Specialist conducts safety audits, performs training, conducts walking tours to check all health and safety conditions, fosters a positive Safety culture, manages safety equipment/PPE, and identifies/corrects safety hazards through program development and education.
• Ensures OSHA compliance by identifying and minimizing Safety and Health risks.
• Inspect manufacturing facilities in order to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure
compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
• Perform job duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Follow all aspects of the site Health, Safety, Security and Emergency Services (HSSE) Policy
as it pertains to normal job duties.
• Perform duties related to H&S activities pertaining to fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems,
and all life safety equipment operations and maintenance.
• Function as a Safety Mentor.
• Produce and maintain records and documents associated with required laws.
• Understand and interpret OSHA Code, EPA Code, State Building Code, State Fire Code, and
• Plans, develops, promotes, advises, implements and assesses processes to achieve and
maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
• Anticipates, identifies, evaluates and controls hazards.
• Maintain PPE Inventories and order supplies as needed. Work with department to identify
• Assists in the establishment of a safety minded culture of continuous safety awareness,
compliance and visibility throughout the company.
• Conducts problem solving investigations, accident/incident/illness, and near miss
investigations and communicates results and resolutions as needed.
• Manage incident and Injury reports. Enter claims through the Workers Compensation
• Manage the Company Safety Boot/Shoe Program. Gather receipts and process reimbursements for eligible Employees.
• Evaluates, analyzes, and implements proper engineering and administrative control strategies, and proper personal protective equipment.
• Conducts safety related training such as powered industrial equipment, hazard communication, fall protection, knife safety and other training as required. (Train the Trainer classes will be provided)
• Coordinates / assists H&S manager in the auditing and inspection of safety programs.
• Assists with the periodic reviews of all safety policies and procedures as well as maintaining
injury and illness statistics and reports (DART, TRIR, OSHA Logs, etc.)
• Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
• Associates Degree in Safety or Industrial Hygiene required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Industrial Hygiene is preferred
• 1-3 years related work experience in an H&S role required in lieu of Bachelors’ Degree
• Knowledge of General Industry Safety regulations and regulatory processes required
• Knowledge of manufacturing operations preferred
• Will be required to use a computer/tablet extensively
• Must be proficient in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
• Bilingual – English/Spanish required
• Ability to maintain vigilance at all times
• Work flexible hours, including weekend and overtime work if necessary.
• In addition, this position will be expected to possess written and verbal communication
and interpersonal skills sufficient to work with a diverse population of employees.
• Must be able to read and comprehend regulations, correspondence, instructions, rules
and regulations as well as fill out forms and write reports
• Should be well poised, converse in written and spoken English and have the ability to
• Must have a government-issued motor vehicle operator license or proper government
With or without reasonable accommodation:
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which will be required for long periods of time to include climbing of stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
• May be exposed to stressful situations
• May be required to challenge personnel performing unsafe actions
• Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, employees, visitors and
• May be required to work additional hours/overtime with advanced notice
• Seeing, hearing and speaking clearly in order to communicate effectively
• Occasional lifting and/or moving up to twenty-five (25) pounds
• Close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus
• May be required to use company vehicle in the performance of duties
• On occasion may be required to perform in stressful situations to include emergencies
• May be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under
conditions that require the use of protective gear and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others
Please contact for more information:
Bryan Murray, CSP
P: 401-371-2262 | C: 774-292-0978 | O: x2262